Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Flower Chairs

When I first saw this chair's cushion, I knew it had been recovered before. 


So, I wasn't surprised to find a these two layers of fabric under the white. 


This cushion was under the first layer of fabric. 


I got to this. For a minute, I thought that I was done, and could begin recovering the cushion.


Oh, but I wasn't. 

I discovered that it was actually another layer of fabric, and then found one last layer under it. 


All in all, this is what the cushion had on it. The black fabric with the flowery embroidery, I'm assuming, is original to the chair. But I could be wrong. I was obviously wrong about how much fabric I would have to remove to recover these cushions. 


Here is the pretty new fabric we decided on.


And with a ton of hard work (on Jill's behalf) sanding and painting, here is the finished product!

We have 2 of these lovely chairs for sale....$25 each. 

-Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment